TinyThoughtGuy

TinyThoughtGuy

The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles - Bruce H. Lipton Having recently listened to Bruce Lipton speak at the annual IONS (Institute of Noetic Sciences) conference I was excited to read this book. Bruce has a knack for taking the information obtained from his scientific background in Biology and making in understandable to someone who has no education in the field of biology. The format Bruce uses, as well as his style, are very “user friendly” and this made for an enjoyable read. As for the material itself, I found that I learned a great deal about the field of Epigenetics and it is refreshing to hear another voice disagreeing with, in my biased opinion, the deterministic views coming from the choir of the majority.

Certainly I am no expert in the field of genetics; however, anytime I hear that scientists have found “the answer" I shudder. The fact that DNA sequencing was supposed to be the holy grail of all things living is no different than when the world was flat and at the center of the universe. I do not dispute the fact that DNA research and the field of genetics is important, but when part of that conclusion says that Mother Nature decided to make 96% of that DNA useless (junk DNA) I tend to believe that there is more to the situation than what we are perceiving or what we have the ability to measure. Perhaps the beleifs of genetic determinism are incomplete, perhaps we need better tools, and perhaps the final word on DNA has yet to be written; however, one thing is certain, the fact is that we don't know everything there is to know and we will only expand our awareness by being open to new ideas.

Science is about discovery and a desire to get to truth, yet it seems that many "so-called" scientists are no different than the religious zealots that burned people at the stake 500 years ago. Anyone remember Giordano Bruno? So, what does this have to do with the “Biology of Belief”?

Well, in this book Bruce goes against the deterministic view and says that it is not only genetics that shape our inner world, it is the environment as well. This book is one of self-empowerment because it says that you aren’t just a machine following orders that came from pond scum 700 million years ago. You have the ability to transform your outer world and INNER world.

Empowered people are healthier and harder to control then their unaware counterparts and they use less pharmaceutical interventions. Hmmm, so by being aware of our power we take money out of the pharma’s pockets, who are the ones providing so much of the funding to the scientific quacks. No wonder the mainstream scientists resist work such as this, it’s their pocket book stupid (you need to read the book to get the gist of that last statement).

In the end, ironically perhaps, the quasi-scientists of today will go the way of their ancestors and go extinct because they refuse to look at the facts, to adapt to the environment and view new ideas with curiosity rather than dogma. Perhaps the title of Bruce’s next book could be something like, “Did dinosaurs wear lab coats?”