TinyThoughtGuy

TinyThoughtGuy

Polishing the Mirror: How to Live from Your Spiritual Heart

Polishing the Mirror: How to Live from Your Spiritual Heart - Ram Dass, Rameshwar Das While there are many authors writing books on personal development and self-actualization, I believe that it is very difficult to find somebody as compassionate and lucid as Ram Dass. In his latest book, “Polishing the Mirror” Ram blends information from various ancient scriptures (primarily the ones originating in India) with his own personal wisdom and knowledge that he acquired during his 50 years of soul searching. Having read several of his books, it seems to me that “Polishing the Mirror” is actually a culmination of Ram’s previous work blended with his more current experiences and introspective insights.

Ram Dass discusses suffering, aging, conscious living and dying, and various ways in which we can move towards a more fulfilling and awakened life. Often funny, always compassionate, Ram Dass presents the information as a kindred spirit and in a manner that is easy to read.

In simple terms, to summarize my experiences with this book in one sentence it would be thus: when I read this book it felt as if I was having a casual conversation with a loving and longtime friend who had acquired great wisdom from his adventures on this journey through life (and perhaps previous lives as well =;0)