TinyThoughtGuy

TinyThoughtGuy

Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing

Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing - Anita Moorjani, Wayne W. Dyer From the outset I want to say that I read this book several months ago and shortly thereafter I lent it out to someone who had just been diagnosed with cancer. This means that I do not have the book in front of me while doing this review and I will just rely on my memory and share what were the most significant aspects of the book to the best of my recollection.

The reason I shared what I did in the first sentence is because I feel that THE most important message in this book is one of hope. People who are diagnosed with cancer should know of cases like Anita’s because if her severe, essentially terminal, cancer can be overcome then certainly there should be hope for almost everyone. In her book, “Dying to Be Me ”, Anita shares her personal history pre-cancer, as well as the events that transpired in the hospital as she went into a coma and finally what has transpired since her miraculous recovery.

Although the initial chapters in the book, where Anita describes her upbringing and aspects of her culture, were not as relevant to me as they likely are for many others, I felt that these chapters did indeed provide a relevant context for the events that later occurred in her life.

After the initial discussion of Anita’s past, she goes on to share, in a very candid manner, how her body was ravaged by tumors and how the medical practitioners caring for her in the hospital eventually came to the conclusion that Anita was in the last moments of her life. Her NDE, similar to so many other reports from people who had end-of-life experiences, is one of great love and indeed this is her main message upon returning to the land of the living: life is about love.

In general, I would recommend this book to everyone because we are all touched in some way or another by this disease known as cancer; furthermore, as much as many people choose to ignore this fact, life is a terminal disease and I believe that Anita’s story can bring a degree of comfort almost everyone.