TinyThoughtGuy

TinyThoughtGuy

POD for Profit: More on the NEW Business of Self Publishing, or How to Publish Books with Print on Demand by Lightning Source - Aaron Shepard Even with all of the changes in the industry, still a valuable book.
After reading “Aiming at Amazon”, I purchased this book to give me some more insights into the POD world and while some of the information has become outdated -primarily related to Lightning (without the “e” as Aaron says) and their relationship with Amazon - I still gained a great deal of knowledge that I have not found elsewhere.

One quick example: I knew that the printer needs a blank page at the end of the book to enable them to print their information, but until I read Aaron’s book I had no idea if I should include that blank page in my manuscript, or leave it out.

How much is that information worth in time and potential cost? I have no idea how to quantify it; however, I would suggest that even just one piece of information like this was worth far more to me than the cost of the book itself. I believe that when it comes to information we can get great value in books written by experts in their field; we get the benefit of their knowledge without all of the gray/missing hair and without having to search far-and-wide.

In addition, Aaron has provided updates to his website that alerts readers of new developments and he has produced several Kindle books to address other specific needs for writers.

If you are looking at POD, this is still worth the read and then visit Aaron’s website to get the “new” stuff as well.