TinyThoughtGuy

TinyThoughtGuy

Quantum Jumps: An Extraordinary Science of Happiness and Prosperity

Quantum Jumps: An Extraordinary Science of Happiness and Prosperity - Cynthia Sue Larson I am certainly no expert in the realm of Quantum physics; however, in this day and age when the term “quantum” seems to be applied to everything except canned milk, it is refreshing to find a book wherein the word is used in a genuine and relevant manner and Cynthia Sue Larson’s latest book, Quantum Jumps certainly does fulfill the quantum content quota.

When the layperson hears the term “quantum” the tendency is probably for them to envision wild-eyed scientists madly covering the classroom chalkboard with indiscernible characters and computations. While this mental image may indeed contain some truth, many people may not realize that the quantum world impacts us every moment of everyday, nor would most people realize that what happens at this subatomic level touches all aspects of our lives.

While still in its infancy, the science of the really, really small (quantum physics) is captivating the minds of some of the best minds alive today. The idea that the basic building blocks of everything known and unknown comes from “stuff” we can’t define stretches our understanding of the nature of reality and the universe; however, while Quantum Jumps shares some mind-expanding, as well as some mind bending, concepts, the information is presented in a manner that is respectful of people whose knowledge is limited in this area. Those with no knowledge of quantum physics will not likely be overwhelmed by the information (the first chapter is the most intense, but a deep understanding of these concepts isn’t necessary to get the benefit of later chapters) and those with some exposure to Quantum physics will likely still find new and unique concepts as well.

Some of the deeper concepts discussed on the first pages of the book include Quantum Entanglement, Quantum Teleportation, Quantum Tunneling, the Placebo Effect and, of course, how all of these ideas are connected to Quantum Jumps.

Regardless of a person's previous exposure to quantum concepts, I think that one of the most intriguing aspects of Quantum Jumps is that it touches on the vast interconnectedness between the quantum world and our observable reality. Certainly there is a healthy smattering of facts, figures and scientific experiments to keep you on your toes, but there are also healthy doses of anecdotal stories and experiences that keep the material at a “human” level. Indeed, one of the greatest gifts that the author gives is that she connects all of the science to the human experience and she provides exercises that everyone can make use of to incorporate quantum jumps into daily life.

Cynthia discusses the benefits of taking quantum jumps, she shares the three steps required for a quantum jump to take place, she provides several exercises at the end of each chapter to enhance the quantum jump experience and at the end of the book she gives a list of common questions and their associated answers.

With respect to questions and answers, I think it is important to mention that much of what is happening at the quantum level will intrigue and occupy scientists for many years to come, and perhaps some of the “hard” questions will never be explained with the physical, finite tools that we possess. If you are hoping that any book will give the absolute, final word about what is happening in the quantum realm, or if you are the type of person that requires 100% proof of something before you become convinced of its existence, then the realm of the quantum will likely not give you the answers you seek. The good news though is that, as people living in this quantum environment, we don’t necessarily require all of the answers to make use of quantum laws and quantum jumps to increase our quality of life.

Cynthia states that, “Quantum Jumps is designed to help you open your mind to new beliefs about the nature of reality, and the range of possible realities you can focus on, energize, and choose to live within.” I believe she has successfully lived up to these words in this book & I appreciate her exuberance and dedication in presenting this material.