TinyThoughtGuy

TinyThoughtGuy

How to Be Rich

How to Be Rich - Napoleon Hill, Joseph Murphy, Wallace D. Wattles, Robert Collier One of the key words in the title is “compact” because this book is essentially a compilation of many snippets of information/wisdom from some of the most recognized names in the personal development field: Napoleon Hill, Joseph Murphy, Robert Collier, Wallace D. Wattles, James Allen, Julia Seton, Ralph Waldo trine and more.

In and of itself, How to be Rich provides some worthwhile information for those seeking to enrich their lives; however, for those who are familiar with the aforementioned authors, the content will be familiar and likely not particularly useful. For those not overly familiar with the writings of the early “New Thought” authors, How to be Rich could provide a cursory summary to some of the more common books in the "New Thought/New Age" genre, thereby serving as a decent resource to direct the reader to more comprehensive material.

Regardless of whether or not the reader is familiar with the many authors who contributed to How to be Rich, I believe that it is important to remind the reader that “Rich” doesn’t exclusively apply to money. Indeed, the person reading this book with the sole purpose of discovering detailed techniques to accumulate vast sums of money will likely be very disappointed. The premise of this book, in my view, is that money is a by-product of “right living” and when we organize our inner world correctly, THEN we will have the outer abundance to go with it. As Theron Q. Dumont so poignantly stated, “Thought, not money, makes money.” Or, as Wallace D. Wattles says, “Poverty and wealth are the results of internal states of mind, and only as mind changes will material change. Environment is only a big mirror in which we see ourselves reflected.”

In their own way the other authors share a similar message and they also deal with topics such as: the real value of time, the importance of gratitude, the power of the subconscious mind, the destructive forces of fear and the key role that visualization plays in the manifestation of wealth. Overall, regardless of what particular aspect of wealth each author discusses, the consistent message is that our inner world, our thoughts, are the primary cause of our outer world and if we want to have a rich life we first need to have our inner world in order.

So, to sum up my views: for those who have yet to embark on the adventure of consciously re-organizing their inner world this book could serve as a very tentative first step. Readers familiar with the authors included in this book will likely prefer other titles written exclusively by one specific author.