TinyThoughtGuy

TinyThoughtGuy

A Gift for God: Prayers and Meditations

A Gift for God: Prayers and Meditations - Mother Teresa This book is a series of short quotes (a sentence or paragraph in length), in large print, uttered by Mother Teresa and pertaining to: “Suffering”, “Riches”, “Joy”, “Love Begins at Home” and several other similar themes.

Most of the quotes are understandably from the perspective of the Christian faith, yet there are still numerous others that are more universal and pertinent for people from any faith. For example, “Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.” Or “We know that if we really want to love we must learn how to forgive.”

I think that the majority of people recognize the work Mother Teresa was involved in and the fact that she made life better for many people, and her words can also be healing and powerful for anyone reading this book – if they take the time to listen with their heart.

The book itself, because of the limited amount of content (my version is 78 pages with large sized font, which would likely make it 50 pages with regular sized font) is a little lacking in my mind, and personally I think that this material could easily be part of a larger book, especially if one takes into account that the price in Canada, for a new copy, is over $15.